Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kajo Keji


Life has come at me fast....South Sudan is very similar to Zambia in the things people eat, and the way that things are done. so therefore i have been kept busy...i have put some pictures as people have requested to see my updated life so here they are.  I am currently in Kajo Keji, South Sudan working with some youth programs and doing some Youth Conferences in different churches and church communities.  I have had the opportunity to meet some so far great friends and i look forward to building those friendships and learning to know more people and seeing where God it taking me in this adventure. I landed on the 6th of November and set out for Kajo Keji on the 7th early in the morning. i was pretty tired but had no other option but to sit on a bus for 8+ hours on horrible roads and in a packed bus.  It was a realization that i was alone in a place where i knew no one and headed to a place where i had no idea what i would be doing or who would even pick me up from the bus station.  But God had it all worked out and i even have a small room with an actual toilet and water most of time and lights that normally work.  it is a blessing and a good transition into the future here in South Sudan.  i have started working with some pastors in youth conferences and being able to teach and see God moving is amazing. i have already slept in a tent in the bush, slept in a church with about 50 other people and it was probably smaller than the youth room at HCOB...so when you think you are cramped while sleeping....imagine that. but God has it in his hands and i am trusting Him to take care of me in  such situations. i Celebrated Thanksgiving by visiting a friends family in the village and eating ground nuts and sweet potatoes. it was really a good time.  so God is really showing me friends and knowing that they are truly following Gods call in their life and that is a blessing. so here are some pictures of the happenings and life here...
the bus i sat on for hours and hours
My room with the Bathroom
Lebron isn't hated everywhere...

Thanksgiving 

Mawa enjoying his Thanksgiving giant cup!

I was expected to cross this....we decided the lemons were not worth it :)

Jocelyn and Mawa I was teaching at a youth conference